Working closely with your procurement team, our ergonomics advice ensures that your organisation procures the most suitable equipment. By considering the user’s capabilities at the earliest stage possible, whether you’re looking at a new CRM system or purchasing office task chairs, will reduce the risk of costly procurement mistakes.
By applying an ergonomics approach within your procurement process, we can ensure it:
- Meets ergonomics and health and safety standards.
- Is cost effective.
An ergonomics approach is the basis of reducing the risk of upper limb disorders (ULDs), manual handling injuries, loss of productivity, absenteeism and presenteeism.
Our approach to the design or redesign of a manufacturing or production facility covers a large variety of industries, from electronics to logistics, food manufacturing to automotive.
What are the benefits of Procurement Ergonomics to your business?
An ergonomics approach:
- Improves staff buy-in. Your staff are the experts in their job. Their opinion really matters.
- Improves productivity and wellbeing.
- Increases real and perceived value of your design.
- Ensures the social (human) and technical (organisation) aspects are considered in parallel.
- Identifies major design issues early on which can help to avoid costly mistakes.
- Ensures compliance with ergonomics legislation and health and safety.
- Ensures that systems and equipment meet the needs of the users not just the procurement team.
COPE utilises established ergonomics techniques which will highlight ergonomics issues/risks that occur within the manufacturing or production process.
- A qualified, experienced consultant (ergonomist) will visit your site to get a detailed understanding of your business objectives and requirements.
- The ergonomist will conduct an ergonomics assessment/audit using a variety of data collection methods.
- Using the data collected during the site visit the ergonomist will produce a clear and easy to understand report.
- Legislation, ergonomics best practice and standards will be used to ensure your engineers create a healthy and productive working environment.
Contact us today for more details on how our Ergonomics expertise can help your business.