Long & short-term sickness absence can be very disruptive to an organisation’s operational effectiveness.
COPE’s Occupational Health Advisers focus on providing clear and concise advice reports. These enable our clients to manage their employees’ sickness absence & health with regards to work. Their principle objectives when undertaking sickness absence management consultations are:
- Provide advice to the referring party on the employee’s fitness to fulfil their role.
- Identify any potential work-related element to the employees health condition.
- Support the employee to understand and manage their health condition.
- Answer any questions specified by the referring party on the referral form.
- Provide appropriate rehabilitation or return to work plans.
- Provide guidance on Equality Act (disability) related matters and where reasonable adjustments might need to be considered by the business including redeployment.
- Provide recommendations to reduce work related exposures.
Liaison with external parties
All of COPE’s Occupational Health Advisers are qualified and skilled at liaising with external agencies (e.g. Specialists / GP’s / Consultants / Self help clinics etc), this is part of standard case management.
Multi Disciplinary Occupational Health Approach
Managing employee health and wellbeing can be complicated. This is why COPE’s specialists aren’t just experts in occupational health but have a broad understanding of the range of disciplines involved in good health management, including occupational physiotherapy services, health and wellbeing and workplace ergonomics.
Contact us today for more details on how our Occupational Health expertise can help your business.